The Perfect Martini
Gin of choice (I prefer Bombay Sapphire; New Amsterdam is also very tasty. Quality is essential.)
Vermouth (Martini & Rossi Extra Dry)
Green Olives stuffed with garlic (pimento olives will suffice in a martini emergency situation)
1) Chill the martini glass either in the freezer or by filling with ice. A cold beverage is essential.
2) Skewer two olives and place in glass after it has chilled (empty ice out of glass if necessary).
3) Mostly fill shaker with ice
4) Pour a small amount of Vermouth over the ice in the shaker
5) Shake the Vermouth and ice to coat
6) Pour off extra Vermouth (YES, dump it out. All the Vermouth that is needed is on the ice.)
7) Pour in appropriate amount of Gin into the shaker
8) Shake until the shaker is very cold in your hand
9) Pour mixture over the olives in the glass
10) Enjoy with friends!
The Perfect Martini is not about exact measurements but the process. Follow the process and tweak the ingredients to meet your tastes. Most of all relish the process of concocting your perfect mixture.